Topic: AIF - 3B - 9 LHR
9th LHR, AIF
War Diary, 22 February
Pro Gloria et Honore - For Glory and Honour
Regimental March - Marching Through Georgia
Sunday, February 22, 1914
See 4th Military District, South Australia for militia activities.
Monday, February 22, 1915
9th Light Horse Regiment Location - HMAT A10 "Karroo", at sea.
9th Light Horse Regiment War Diary - Orders No. 46
2. Kit Inspection - A kit inspection will be held at 1430 on 22 February 1915. It must be distinctly understood by all ranks that on the regulation amount of baggage will be allowed on active service. Over weight baggage will be destroyed by the baggage train.
3. Discipline - Troops must realise that they are on active service. The maximum penalty for being asleep while on sentry is death. In future all men charged with being asleep while on duty will be tried on board by Court Martial.
11. Purchase of goods - All ranks are warned that goods are to be purchased through the canteen only. Anyone found purchasing goods on board the vessel except as stated will be severely punished.
13. Quarters of Native Crew - No NCO or man is to enter the quarters of or associate in any way with the native crew. Anyone found disobeying this order is to be placed under arrest.
14. Dress - Guard: Drill order [Service Dress] with Greatcoat. Parades: Dungarees unless otherwise ordered. [White shoes or bare feet optional.] Men and NCOs below the rank of Corporal will not wear boots unless otherwise ordered.
Carew Reynell Diary - No entry.
Tuesday, February 22, 1916
9th Light Horse Regiment Location - Heliopolis, Egypt.
9th Light Horse Regiment War Diary - No entry.
Thursday, February 22, 1917
9th Light Horse Regiment Location - Hod Masaid, Sinai.
9th Light Horse Regiment War Diary - Brigade Field Day. The Brigade moved out of the Hod mounted at 0900 and carried out "Attack and Retire" work. The 9th and 10th Light Horse Regiments attacked the 8th Light Horse Regiment who retired. In the afternoon the 8th Light Horse Regiment attacked the 9th and 10th Light Horse Regiments who retired back to the hod. Particular attention was paid to keeping track between units and making use of covering fire.
Friday, February 22, 1918
9th Light Horse Regiment Location - Deir el Belah, Palestine.
9th Light Horse Regiment War Diary - Musketry practice commenced. Good results were impossible owing to bad weather. Six Other Ranks marched in from Moascar.
Saturday, February 22, 1919
9th Light Horse Regiment Location - HMT Ellenga.
9th Light Horse Regiment War Diary - 0430 Reveilled and at 0630 marched dismounted to embarkation pier El Mina. All baggage loaded into lighters by 0810 and at 0845 the Regiment embarked on a lighter and by 1000 all were aboard the HMT Ellenga.
4th Light Horse Regiment and 8th Light Horse Regiment had embarked on this boat the previous day. Scott, Lieutenant Colonel WH, CMG DSO assumed command of the Regiment and formed them into the Aust. Div. Group.
1200 HMT Ellenga sailed.
Previous: 9th LHR AIF War Diary, 21 February
Citation: 9th LHR AIF War Diary, 22 February